[Asterisk-Users] Audio Muting at seemingly random times

Matthew Drobnak mdrobnak at optonline.net
Sat Apr 29 11:40:51 MST 2006

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to chase down a bug in Asterisk 1.2. I have 2
completely different setups which exhibit the same problem, and I'm not
sure what it is.

For instance, one machine is setup as a voicemail server. If you call
it, it says "password"..you put it in, and it says, "You have
On........... ssage. Press 1 for new messages. Press 2 to ch..ge
folders" etc...

One is a P III 700 with 2 X100P cards, and the other is a PII 450 pure
SIP using either an X100P as timing, or ztdummy as timing, it exbits the
same problem. With chan_zap not loading at all on the second box timing
issues are all over the place.

I also tested on a P4 2.8 Ghz Xeon and again, with no zap channels it's
completely messed up. I was having trouble with the X100Ps on this
machine, as it would cause the machine to throw an NMI, and reboot (This
is an IBM X335).

As a side note, I had NONE of these problems with 1.0.3 - 1.0.7.

Two of the machines are running Debian, one is Fedora Core 4 (PII 450),
all running 2.6 series kernels.

Thanks for any ideas,
-Matt