[Asterisk-Users] Locate Me Function with freePBX

Kerry Garrison support at techdatapros.com
Sat Apr 29 09:58:02 MST 2006

The client's needs are the mother of invention. We have a client that
currently uses a Cisco Call Manager and one of the features they love was
the Locate-Me function (or follow-me, or find-me, whatever you want to call
it) which basically rings their desk phone a few times then plays a short
message, and then rings their other remote phones and cell phones. The
customer wants this same functionalty from an Asterisk system that we will
be building running freePBX.

It took me a while to think about how to implement this without mucking
around with the config files but the end result is a fairly simple solution
that enables the use to turn on/off the function at will.

For the complete article on how to implement this feature, go to:
http://voipspeak.net/index.php?option=com_content
<http://voipspeak.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=72>
&task=view&id=72

Kerry Garrison