[Asterisk-Users] Problems if GXP-2000 phones and Asterisk are not on the same network

Faris Raouf asterisk at raouf.net
Sat Apr 29 08:31:14 MST 2006

Mimmus wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a lot of GXP-2000 phones not registering with Asterisk server.
> After two days of attempts, it seems that problem is due to the fact that
> phones and server are not on the sme network.
> Do you know if this is known issue?

We have GPX-2000s connecting via different networks with no problems.
However, at one point I had a real struggle to get them to register on
certain lines but not others.

The solution was to do a complete reset, wiping all settings and
starting again. They now work OK most of the time.

I'm using the current beta firmware (not alpha).

Faris.