[Asterisk-Users] Interesting Dial-Plan Question

Jonathan k. Creasy jonathan at bluegrass.net
Fri Apr 28 08:32:21 MST 2006

Just appending the area code variable is not always going to be correct.
You will need to lookup (google local calling guide) the proper NPA for
the NXX you are dialing. For example, in Louisville, Ky if you dial
948-1592 you will actually reach 812-948-1592 instead of 502-948-1592
even though your callerid number would be 502-NXX-XXXX.

I have a script I'm working on that does this via an agi script, it
looks up the 7 digit dialing rules for a NPA-NXX combination and caches
the results so you don't have to do a lookup for every call. I'll post
it on the wiki when I'm done. It works but I still need to test it and
document it a little better. It is based on some scripts by other people
that I combined together.

-Jonathan