[Asterisk-Users] FW: NuFone Update: DIDs

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 16:38:30 MST 2006

Exactly why I chose to go with a PRI for business use.  There is something
to be said for the stability of a telco, even if it's not SBC (or AT&T
now).  In some cases, government interference is good.  How many businesses
can survive a loss of their phone number?  I know the ones I deal with
cannot.

This is something we need to take into consideration as Asterisk users or
consultants.  We need to look at the whole picture, not just a short term
savings.  Can your business/clients survive without listings in directory
assistance or the phone books?  Can they survive if they have to change
numbers due to their Voip provider losing a contract?  Some can, most
can't.  I looked into using Voip.  Technically, it seemed like a good
solution.  I just don't trust it in the long run.  I know that by using a
telco, I will have access to my phone numbers.  With Voip providers, who
controls the numbers?

I think this is something a lot of people fail to take into consideration.

On 4/28/06, Chris Mason (Lists) <lists at masonc.com> wrote:

> I would be very wary, as VOIP providers feel no responsibility to the
> customer and will not bother to tell us they might not be around next
> week. Once bitten...
>
> --
> Chris Mason
> NetConcepts
> (264) 497-5670 Fax: (264) 497-8463
> Int:  (305) 704-7249 Fax: (815)301-9759 UK 44.207.183.0271
> Cell: 264-235-5670
> Yahoo IM: netconcepts_anguilla at yahoo.com
>

> --
> believed to be clean.