[Asterisk-Users] PRI got event: HDLC Bad FCS (8) on PrimaryD-channel of span

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Apr 27 16:38:48 MST 2006

HDLC Abort errors are usually caused lost or corrupted data from the T-1.

If you configured the span as PRI in Asterisk and it's not a PRI, I can
imagine you might get this message.

Also, if there is a problem with the line itself, I can imagine you
might get this message.

However, in my experience, HDLC Abort errors are usually caused by some
device in your system locking interrupts for a long time -- long enough
to miss a few bits in the stream coming from the card to the PCI bus.

Some devices that commonly do this are SATA controllers, IDE
controllers, RAID, Gig Ethernet, Video cards.  There is very little you
can do about it, other than disable the offending device. Of course, not
all brands/makes/models of the above device types cause problems, only
some of them do, but I don't know of any "problem list".

--
Now accepting new clients in Birmingham, Atlanta, Huntsville,
Chattanooga, and Montgomery.