[Asterisk-Users] Background asynchronous AGI

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Apr 25 03:16:42 MST 2006

I have been writing a lot of AGI programs in C with good success.
I would like somehow to have an AGI program continue in the background
while the pbx execution returns to the dialplan and continues. Is this
possible? I was thinking that perhaps I could fork or create another
thread within the AGI prog.

The reason I want to do so is in order to monitor external information
(e.g. credit limit and realtime cost of the current call) and then
perhaps hang up the call, transfer it or play an announcement to it.

I'm aware I could do this with a separate control program using the
Manager API, but I like the idea of it being done per-call on demand
using AGI if possible.

Can anyone suggest any ideas or better techniques?

Thanks in advance!
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield