[Asterisk-Users] Looking for input on which way to go with smallbusiness setup

Chad Osmond chad.osmond at holburn.com
Thu Apr 27 13:21:50 MST 2006

If you use a Sangoma T1 card, (A10x) card you can send both voice and
data down the same T1 and have the Sangoma card split it for you.

If you are talking about non-hobby usage, stay away from FXO adapters
and go with a T1.. You'll be much happier in the long run. For a
fractional T1, don't worry about hardware echo, asterisk will handle the
echo fine.

I would seriously consider shelling out for a decent phone. For example,
the Polycom 301 is an entry level phone that isn't too expensive.  Your
users will hate using an analog phone for transferring and forwarding.

If you decide to run analog phones, then you may as well get a multiport
FXS to T1 device and then buy a 2x T1 card like the A102 from Sangoma,
or the Digium equivalent.

I would suggest that the 768k/s fractional T1 will cost you more then a
3Mb/512Kb DSL line, so go with the DSL if your SLA can live with the
occasional outage.

Chad