[Asterisk-Users] Polycom NTP issue

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Apr 27 11:59:04 MST 2006

Kerry Garrison wrote:
> I am ready to pull my hair out. I cannot seem to get the Polycoms to
> read the time properly. Regardless of the server they are pointed to our
> the offset, i am getting the correct time, but 24 hours ahead. So for
> today it is showing Friday April 28 but with the correct time. Any clues?

This is a copy/paste of the exact statements used on a IP600 phone:

<SNTP tcpIpApp.sntp.resyncPeriod="86400"
tcpIpApp.sntp.address="134.84.84.84"
tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset="-21600"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.enable="1"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.fixedDayEnable="0"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.month="4"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date="1"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.time="2"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek="1"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.month="10"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.date="1"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.time="2"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek="1"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="1"

Are you sure you are setting the gmtOffset to the proper number? The
above example is for CST, which is -6 hours (or -21600 seconds) from
GMT. It is also config'ed with resyncPeriod = 24 hours, meaning the
clock is only sync'ed once per day.

What are you using for the above?