[Asterisk-Users] Polycom NTP issue

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Thu Apr 27 09:48:22 MST 2006

Kerry Garrison wrote:
> I am ready to pull my hair out. I cannot seem to get the Polycoms to
> read the time properly. Regardless of the server they are pointed to
> our the offset, i am getting the correct time, but 24 hours ahead. So
> for today it is showing Friday April 28 but with the correct time. Any
> clues?

Yep, I've had a lot of experience with this issue.
First, the NTP server offered by the DHCP server overrides any other
setting. One problem I found was a Cable Modem offering an NTP server
that could not be reached.
Find out from the log file what NTP server is being referenced.

Also, the NTP server must be synchronized before it can be used as a
timing - try ntpq -p to see if there is an asterisk besides a real ntp
server.

--
Chris Mason
NetConcepts