[Asterisk-Users] TE405P vs. SoundCard problem

Bob McDowell bmcdowell at federalprotection.com
Thu Apr 27 05:46:54 MST 2006

My Asterisk server believes that a Digium TE405P and sound are
incompatible.  Basically, no matter what else I do to the machine it
terms of hardware, if the TE405P is installed, none of the
playback/background/etc commands work.  MOH works fine.

So far, I have tried:

1) Seven different PCI soundcards with different chipsets.  (Go go
Computer Junk Store!)
2) Disabling each and every device offered by the motherboard, except
the IDE and video.
3) Each possible PCI slot combination via trial and error.
4) Calling Digium, who while helpful, did not know how to solve the
problem.

'/proc/interrupts' usually likes to put the 'wct4xxp' on the same line
as my 'Intel ICH5', but as of this moment that isn't the case.

The sound card, by the way, exists for overhead paging purposes.

My questions are:

1) Is there a document I should be aware of?
2) Has anyone else resolved this sort of problem before?
3) Do I need to scrap the sound card and use an FX(O) device?  If so,
how do I get my sound back?

Thanks,

Bob McDowell

             *** PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT COMMUNICATION ***

This e-mail message and all attachments, if any, may contain confidential and privileged material and are intended only for the intended recipient.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail or by calling  (417) 869-9192 and destroy the original and any copies of this e-mail.