[Asterisk-Users] Re: # and call speed

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Wed Apr 26 05:16:48 MST 2006

The # is the manual way to say that you are done dialing.

The fix depends what is adding the delay.

If it is asterisk, look for extensions like
exten => _9.,1,Macro(dialout-trunk,1,${EXTEN:1},)
This will match any number of digits after a 9, so you have to wait for the digit timeout to see if you are done dialing.

You could use:
exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,
exten => _91XXXXXXXXXX,
exten => _9011.,  ;still using any length string for international calls.

This would find a match and start dialing when either of the first two are matched.

If it is an IP Phone causing the delay, some of them have their own dialing rules and take in all of the digits before sending them
to asterisk, so you would have to check in the IP phone itself for that.

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org