[Asterisk-Users] Intergrate Asterisk IP PBX with Legacy PBX, continuing existing funtionality of legacy pbx

Vidura Senadeera vidurased at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 01:17:47 MST 2006

Hi All,

I would like to explain the layout that i am trying to achive. I am so
helpless on this regard.

So here is the story ........

" This is with regard to the setup which you can find at the

"Asterisk The Future of Telephony" , chapter 11, page # 196-197, I am
attaching the picture for your information.

Now I am taking a challenging step to of integrate IP PBX with our
Conventional PABX system.

*Existing Setup over view*

Our existing includes traditional Pabx, E1 Line from telecom provider,
16 direct lines another telecom provider. there are around 120 extensions.
E1 Link using for DID and 16 lines using for as hunting group.

*New Integration.*

"Integrate asterisk ip PBX with legacy Pabx which continues
functionality of the existing setup"

I am planning to install 2 E1 cards in Asterisk box. Remove E1 link from
legacy Pabx and fix it to 1 E1 card and other E1 card will using
to connect traditional PABX.

All previous DID's which configured with the traditional PABX will be
configured in asterisk.

Actually I am not sure that i will be able to achive this migration ,
but i am trying to acomplish.

It is very much appreciate that if anyone can guide me on this regard.

Thanks & Regards,
Vidura Senadeera.

Sri Lanka.