[Asterisk-Users] 7960G SIP Issue

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Wed Apr 26 05:12:16 MST 2006

> Hello all,
>
> Just got hold of a CISCO 7960G. Updated the Firmware to the latest 8.2.
>
> As you all know it has 6 lines which is why i bought it.
>
> Just would like to know from you experts if this piece will connect to
> 6 different providers over the internet or will it only work as 6
> extns with 1 provider. Im not able to get connected to more than one
> provider.

I believe the phone is supposed to be able to do it, but I haven't figured
out just how.  I've got a few in remote locations where we had picked up
a local number for "line six = direct to the phone" use, and I ended up
proxying them through the PBX here instead, which is not really that great.

So you're not crazy...  I suspect it's just a little specific config magic
that isn't quite set to what the phone wants as it stands.

... JG