[Asterisk-Users] Touch tone recognition issues

Bryan Mahin bryanm at uneta.com
Tue Apr 25 14:32:30 MST 2006

I'm experiencing touch tone recognition issues when calling some outside
phone systems. For instance, if I call my Nextel phone, and try to press
* to enter my voicemail, Nextel's system does not "hear" the DTMF tone.
I've also experienced other outside phone systems for which I am unable
to use their touch tone menus. Oddly, this isn't the case with all
outside systems. If I call Dell, everything works great.

Is this a known issue with asterisk? I'm hope there is a simple setting
I've over looked.

All help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Bryan Mahin