[Asterisk-Users] Question on connecting to another system

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 08:49:09 MST 2006

Hi,
If I am interfacing with a legacy PBX system.... a few questions.

#1 What do I need to do to configure 1 port on a dual port card as
pri_cpe and another as pri_net?  Do I just change my config half-way
through the zaptel.conf file?

#2 When I setup span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs doesn't the esf indicate that I am
using 'Robbed Bit', but then in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf I have
switchtype=national, which seems to indicate 'ISDN signaling'.
That is the configuration I have to my current CLEC.. so am I using
robbed bit... or ISDN signaling?  I DO get caller-id on inbound.