[Asterisk-Users] Time out if channel does not ring

Cavanna, Richard RCavanna at sychip.com
Mon Apr 24 11:34:56 MST 2006

How can I have a dialed number time out if it does not get ringing in a
certain amount of time?  I have marked the stage in the CLI output
below.  Right now I have it timing out if it is not answered in 30
seconds but  I would rather disconnect based on ringing.

thanks

**CLI**
Executing Dial("Zap/46-1", "IAX2/VoIP/XXXXXXXXXX|30") in new stack
    -- Called VoIP/ XXXXXXXXXX
    -- Call accepted by XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX(format g729)
    -- Format for call is g729
   **** -- IAX2/VoIP-1 is ringing **I want to Detect This*****
    -- IAX2/VoIP-1 is making progress passing it to Zap/46-1
    -- IAX2/VoIP-1 stopped sounds
    -- IAX2/VoIP-1 answered Zap/46-1

Richard G. Cavanna
Information Technology Manager