[Asterisk-Users] SMP kernel on Pent 4?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Apr 24 09:07:35 MST 2006

Had a Pent 4 server running fc3 crash (kernel panic) and am rebuilding
from scratch. I installed FreePBX (CentOs) from scratch and asterisk was
running, but had not yet been configured. It too crashed with a kernel
panic. Ran memtest for 24 hours; no errors or issues uncovered.

I then noticed that FreePBX installed using a SMP kernel (and grub
indicated a non-SMP kernel was installed as well).

Would running an SMP kernel on a Pent 4 potentially cause a kernel
panic? (Or, do I need to dig somewhere else?)

Nothing in the logs to suggest a root cause and I'm now waiting on
recurrence using the non-SMP kernel.

R.