[Asterisk-Users] getting listed in Directory Assistance, the phone book

Bill Gibbs bgibbs at edurotech.com
Mon Apr 24 09:05:59 MST 2006

Has anyone had any luck getting listed in directory assistance when your
number is ported from

For example, I have an asterisk box for a client, that is also shared
with another client in the same building.  The CLEC provided PRI and
numbers (including the ported #s from Verizon) as the main owner of the
PRI (call them Tenant A)  and the CLEC will not change the listing name
for Tenant B's numbers.

How does this process work?  Is there some other company I can contact
to get this information updated - or is it entirely dependant on each
phone book provider?

Bill