[Asterisk-Users] fxotune Problem

roly at redcetus.com roly at redcetus.com
Mon Apr 24 08:51:37 MST 2006

Hi,

Well, I have a big problem with Asterisk, my problem is that when I'm in a
conversation, using zap channels, in a moment the line has a interferce
that produce a sound in the conversation, this sound is a electratical
sound I think, I was reading about that and I found that the utility
fxotune can help me to change some settings about the audio and the
supression of interferences. My problem is that fxotuno does not work, I
execute this script like that:

#./fxotune -i 4

The output of this command is:

/dev/zap/1 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/2 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/3 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/4 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/5 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/6 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/7 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/8 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/9 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/10 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/11 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/12 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/13 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/14 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/15 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/16 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/17 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/18 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/19 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/20 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/21 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/22 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/23 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/24 absent: No such device or address

Reading the source code I found that this error is produced with system
call O_RDWR.

My system is running Asterisk at Home 2.5 with Astersk 1.2.4 and Zaptel 1.2.5
compiled, with a Digium Wildcard TDM2400P with 24 FXO Modules.

I don't understand why fxotune can found /dev/zap/ devices.

I hope that someone can help me.

Thanks for yor help,

Roly Morales