[Asterisk-Users] some EICON Diva 4BRI questions

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Mon Apr 24 02:46:25 MST 2006

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi Armin!
>
> Armin Schindler wrote:
> > On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I've forgotten to ask an important question:
> > >
> > > Does Diva Server V-4BRI with Asterisk support BRI P2P and P2MP mode?
> >
> > Yes, and each port can be configured separately.
>
> I guess also NT/TE can be configured for each port separately?

Yes, you can even run different ISDN D-channel protocols.

> What about manually disabling the onboard echo canceler for certain
> extensions. Can this be done with a certain capicommand()?

Not yet, but this will be available in the next version of chan-capi.
Currently it is on a per port basis only.

> Out of curiosity: Are there also software echo cancelers available (if for
> some reason I do not like the HW canceler) like in chan_zap?

chan-capi still has the old echo-squelch, but this is a very primitive one.
Besides that, there is no software-echo-cancel in CAPI (chan-capi).
I think such common software features, as well as jitterbuffer, does not
belong into a channel module, it is core functionality.

Armin