Pinouts for T1/E1 crossover cable WAS "RE: [Asterisk-Users] what cable to connect a legacy PBX to a TE410P ?"

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Sat Apr 22 08:59:21 MST 2006

Can't anyone stop self-promotion and tell the poor guy what he needs.

A T1/E1 X-over cable using an RJ-45 (8-cond.) is pinned out as follows:

1 - 4
2 - 5
3 - NU
4 - 1
5 - 2
6 - NU
7 - NU
8 - NU

NU = Not Used

I have not in my experience seen any problems with using a Good Quality
Cat5 vs. Cat 3 (telco standard) cable for X-connects.  YMMV, but you
should be fine. As far as the shielding goes, I use UTP cables and
Connectors all the time and some of my X-connects run over 100 feet.