[Asterisk-Users] anybody get experience with dell powerconnect 3424 and QOS for asterisk traffic?

Brian Roy mister.roy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 08:45:01 MST 2006

On 4/22/06, Jean-Louis curty <jlcurty at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone already configured a powerconnect 34xx to prioritize voip traffic
> over the lan ?
> I just bought a 3424 for the lan and I like to give priority to voice ,
> thanks in advance,
>
> jean-louis

Hi, do you have another layer 3 QOS switch on premise? The 3424 is QOS *
aware*, but does not support QOS tagging and prioritization. In essence, it
will just honor and pass the tags.

However, depending on what you have going on in your network, I doubt you
will need QOS if you just have one switch. MHO of course.

-Brian