[Asterisk-Users] some EICON Diva 4BRI questions

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Fri Apr 21 11:19:25 MST 2006

On 21 Apr 2006, at 18:21, Olivier Krief wrote:

> To benefit from DIVA Server 4BRI fax hardware capabilities, what is
> the best software combination ? Asterisk and Hylafax ?
>
> Shall we then allocate destination numbers and or ports for each of
> those 2 applications ?
>
> And if you want to offer to every user, a unique extension for fax
> and voice, would it still be possible to forward calls from voice
> application to fax application (for outgoing faxes, the fax
> application can use its own ressources) ?

I run the combination of Asterisk and Hylafax, and it is easy for me
because I have 3 incoming MSNs. Both Asterisk and Hylafax will "see"
all calls, but Asterisk only has two of the three MSNs configured.
The fax number is ignored by Asterisk, so Hylafax answers that after
a couple rings.

This works perfectly fine, but unfortunately I fell into the "DIVA V-
BRI doesn't do FAX" trap, I bought a V-BRI first. It's now sitting on
the shelf, unused. The Asterisk server is using the standard BRI
card, which I bought off eBay.

IMHO the Eicon website should carry more prominent warnings/
explanations about the lack of FAX capabilities for the V-BRI cards.

jens