[Asterisk-Users] MoH issue

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at mercury.net
Fri Apr 21 08:39:45 MST 2006

Hey everyone,

Hopefully I can describe the problem well enough so bear with me.

There are 3 companies that are tied into our asterisk server. Company A
(us) uses the default settings for music on hold. Companies B and C
however, want something different. For them I have when a call comes
into their dial plan it sets the music on hold to their music and that
seems to work. However, here is the problem. Calling out, it still plays
the old on hold music.

Here is the situation, the 3 companies if they call each other us SIP
and don't even touch the PRI, only outgoing calls outside the companies
will do that. So I also would like if B called C, C's music on hold
would be the one heard.

Here is how I started the dialplan.
[Empire-Outbound]
exten => _.,1,Answer()
exten => _.,n,SetMusicOnHold(OrigMusic)
exten => _.,n,Wait(2)
exten => _.,n,Goto(Empire-Outbound2,${EXTEN},1)

[Empire-Outbound2]
include => A-DirectDial                         ;Direct Dial Context
include => Empire-VoiceMail                     ;Voicemail context
include => Empire-Wildcard                      ;Basic calling function

Does switch between contexts reset the moh? Or can I not change the moh
for SIP channels and only on Zap?

Thanks,
Kevin