[Asterisk-Users] Power over Ethernet (PoE) switch recommendations

Adam Lewis mail at adamlewis.com
Fri Apr 21 08:36:09 MST 2006

Netgear makes a 24 port Layer 3 Managed Switch, with PoE on all 24 ports.
It supports both IEEE 802.3af PoE as well as the proprietary Cisco PoE
scheme (although the support for Cisco PoE is undocumented).  Got one about
a year ago for around $1000, which isn't too shaby for a a switch that can
do QoS, VLAN and PoE ... has a nice web interface too.

Current Netgear model is FSM7326P (not sure if its a new SKU since over a
year ago when I got one).
http://www.netgear.com/products/details/FSM7326P.php

$1000 might seem like a lot, but at ~$42 per port, its in the same ballpark
of what you'd pay just for power injectors (not to mention its a layer 3
managed switch).

-Adam