[Asterisk-Users] record_in / record_out configuration parameters

Florian Muellner fmuellner at europesip.com
Fri Apr 21 04:54:58 MST 2006

Hi all,
having performance problems with various SIP-Phones, the manufacturer
adviced us to add these parameters in sip.conf - unfortunately, neither
one of us has an idea what these are supposed to do.
I've seen various configuration files (sip.conf, iax.conf) posted on the
net or this list using said paramters, but they seem to completely lack
documentation (or is it just me?).
Grepping for them in the asterisk sources (and those of related
packages) didn't show up anything either. We're running asterisk 1.2,
just in case they're old parameters which have been removed or more
recently added ones...
Could someone in the know give a short explanation of what these
actually do?

Thanx in advance,

Flo