[Asterisk-Users] Announcement System for a Charity

Steve Jones sjones at ftdata.com
Thu Apr 20 19:29:52 MST 2006

First, I'm surprised it didn't detect your network card..  I'd say it'd be worth putting in another network card.  It's autodetected every one I've used....

Second, I am not sure if it has "built in" functionality to do what you want, but it certainly will come closer out of the box than a scratch-built asterisk...   If you're comfortable and proficient with compiling and installing things in linux, you'll certainly learn more by installing asterisk by yourself, but if you want to get a PBX up quickly, I'd really recommend A at H first...  You can use it as a base, and build the autoattendant to do what you want, just as you would after you created your scratch system!

-Steve