[Asterisk-Users] channels change names

Jon-o Addleman jonathan.addleman at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Apr 20 13:43:16 MST 2006

I'm writing a php script to dial numbers and connect them to a
conference. This is fairly straightforward:

Action: originate
Channel: Local/conf at default
Context: default
Exten: $extension

This is pretty straightforward. However, the script then loads the list
of members in the conference (using the meetme list ... command). For
local extensions this works fine - the list of members shows the right
channels, etc. The problem I'm having is that if the extension is
external, the conference list shows a Local/$extension channel at the
start, and then once the call is completed, it changes the channel to
whatever was dialed.

I'm probably not explaining it properly, but what I'd like to have
happen is that I get one consistent channel name from the start of the
connection - it doesn't matter what it is, as long as it doesn't change.
As things stand, the conference list isn't accurate, unless I wait about
5 seconds after adding someone before updating the list.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have here!

--
Jon-o Addleman - http://redowl.dyndns.org