[Asterisk-Users] Cubix Softphone + Asterisk 1.2.6

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Thu Apr 20 08:09:03 MST 2006

I've tried Idefisk and Cubix Softphones, and they both work fine, except
for two issues:

     1. Idefisk seems to have a longer delay between the time I can hit
        tones, and

     2. Cubix, while can send DTMF faster, never actually connects to an
        Asterisk-dialed call -- I can't hear the party who answers.

#2 has been asked but unanswered here:

     http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2006-February/139240.html

     I've got a weird problem with both Firefly & iaxLite (both IAX
     softphones).  They don't seem to stop ringing when an incoming call is
     make to them.  If the call is answered the conversation starts both ways
     but the ringing sound still keeps going and the softphones keep
     displaying that a call is coming in (but they do not display that the
     call is answered).

     I read on the voip-info website that the "fix" for this with Firefly is
     to set jitterbuffer to no  which I tried but it didn't work.

     Because the problem is with two IAX softphones I'm not sure whether its
     a configuration problem with the asterisk server or, by change, the same
     bug with both softphones.

     Has anyone else come up against this?

Can you change the amount of time between DTMF in Idefisk?

Can you modify a config to get Cubix to actually connect to a Dial()ed
call?

Beckman