[Asterisk-Users] Firefly & iaxLite dont stop ringing when answering incoming call

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Thu Feb 9 02:15:50 MST 2006

Hi Everyone,

I've got a weird problem with both Firefly & iaxLite (both IAX
softphones).  They don't seem to stop ringing when an incoming call is
make to them.  If the call is answered the conversation starts both ways
but the ringing sound still keeps going and the softphones keep
displaying that a call is coming in (but they do not display that the
call is answered).

I read on the voip-info website that the "fix" for this with Firefly is
to set jitterbuffer to no  which I tried but it didn't work.

Because the problem is with two IAX softphones I'm not sure whether its
a configuration problem with the asterisk server or, by change, the same
bug with both softphones.

Has anyone else come up against this?

Thanks,

Derek