[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk-Users Digest, Vol 21, Issue 113

Carlos Alberto Bernat Orozco cabo81 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 07:24:54 MST 2006

Hi List!!

Thanks for the colaboration, especially to Richard Cavanna who gave me the
necessary support.

I followed your indications and the comunication was better for the test
users. The warning indication is no jumping anymore and the voice is not
delayed. This is my sip.conf:

[general]
context=default
;allowguest=no
;realm=mydomain.tld
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=yes
;domain=mydomain.tld
;domain=mydomain.tld,mydomain-incoming
;domain=1.2.3.4
;allowexternalinvites=no
;autodomain=yes
;pedantic=yes
;tos=184
;tos=lowdelay
;maxexpiry=3600
;defaultexpiry=120
;notifymimetype=text/plain
;checkmwi=10
;vmexten=voicemail
;videosupport=yes
;recordhistory=yes
disallow=all
allow=g729
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
jitterbuffer=yes
maxjitterbuffer=1500
;allow=ilbc
;musicclass=default
;language=en
;relaxdtmf=yes
rtptimeout=60
;rtpholdtimeout=300
;trustrpid = no
;sendrpid = yes
;progressinband=never
;useragent=Asterisk PBX
;promiscredir = no
;usereqphone = no
dtmfmode = rfc2833
;compactheaders = yes
;sipdebug = yes
;subscribecontext = default
;notifyringing = yes

And these are the extensions:

[xxxx]
type=friend
 host=dynamic
 dtmfmode=rfc2833
 username=xxxx
 secret=xxxx

[xxxx2]
type=friend
 host=dynamic
 dtmfmode=rfc2833
 username=xxxx
 secret=xxxx

As you can see I put the jitterbuffer, maxjitterbuffer and rtptimeout
options. I think with this, the call has a huge improvement and I still
reading about it. This is the CLI output with different commands:

sip show peers
Name/username              Host            Dyn Nat ACL Port     Status
usuario2/usuario2          10.xxx.xxx.xxx       D          5060
Unmonitored
usuario1/usuario1          10.xxx.xxx.xxx      D          5060
Unmonitored
2 sip peers [2 online , 0 offline]

sip show users
Username                   Secret           Accountcode      Def.Context
ACL  NAT
usuario2                   usuario2
default          No   RFC3581
usuario1                   usuario1
default          No   RFC3581

--- (8 headers 0 lines)---
Looking for 200.xxx.xxxx.xxx in default (domain )
Transmitting (no NAT) to 10.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060:
SIP/2.0 404 Not Found
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.xxx.xxx.xxx
;rport;branch=z9hG4bK0a0101e20000001044479388000070d3000000d4;received=
10.xxx.xxx.xxx