[Asterisk-Users] aterisk+h323 trunk?!

yusuf yusuf at ecntelecoms.com
Thu Apr 20 07:05:28 MST 2006

Tic Pavlin wrote:
> Good day to you all!
>
> I have been reading this mailing list for quite some time, and now, i do
> have a question. I have a working asterisk server with VOIP telephone number
> connected to it via SIP, and it works just fine.
>
> Now I am installing new server on new VoIP provider and provider only
> supports H323 trunks, but I havo no ide how to make it work. Unfortunatly
> they are not very open about shareing information, so I need someone who
> would be so nice to explain in short how it works and how to make it work.
>
> Thank you,
> Tic Pavlin,
> Neosystems d.o.o., Ljubljana, Slovenia

Hi,

in asterisk there are 3 different h323 technologies.
1.  h323 included with asterisk in asterisk-1.2.4/channels/h323
2.  ooh323 included in asterisk-addons
3. oh323 (www.inaccessnetworks.com)

there is various differences btween the 3. h323 uses asterisk's rtp stack, oh323,ooh323 uses its own

install either 1.
  Then configure the conf(oh323.conf or h323.conf or ooh323.conf) .
  Will the Voip Provider be a h323 gatekeeper ??
Then in extensions.conf  :  if no gatekeeper:  Dial(H323/${EXTEN}@ip.of.voip.provider)
    			    if gatekeeper:  Dial(H323/${EXTEN}@ip.of.voip.provider)
depending on what you install your Dial is Dial(H323...)  or Dial (OOH323....)

  --
thanks,
yusuf