[Asterisk-Users] attended transfer issue

Olivier Krief olivier.krief at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 04:49:12 MST 2006

2006/4/20, John Novack (port) <jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org>:

> There should be no need for  TWO feature codes.
>
> I fully second that : what matters most is to satisfy users.
Unified transfer method offer :
- simplicity,
- hardware independance (think about mobile phones, or people occasionnaly
using foreign language configured phones when visiting a sister company
abroad)
- and above all, it keeps calls from being lost.

So it should be implemented in Asterisk and it's up to Polycom, Snom and
others to design phones that at least do not prevent people to use # sign
based unified transfer method if they wish to.

For the sake of behaviour consistency, maybe :
- this unified transfer method (let's say U for unified) should be
introduced in features.conf independently of previous t or T methods and
it's up developpers to reuse, factorize or rewrite existing transfer code
and as long as those 3 methods as supported,

- and previous t or T methods should be droped sometimes later on to
simplify code support.

Cheers