[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.2.7.1 DTMF anomaly

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Thu Apr 20 01:19:02 MST 2006

This is a known issue with Asterisk's implementation of DTMF detection.
There are two bug reports open up on bug tracker. Currently the best
combination is to set DTMF TX method on Spa3k to INFO and auto on
asterisk side. Works 95%, skips digits if you press buttons on the FXO
end too fast. Until the DTMF stuff gets rewritten in Asterisk this gonna
be this way, so far 2 years still no 100% dtmf detection, both detection
and transmit parts are flawed and dont work 100%, even inband. Affected
fxo gateways are (tested by myself): Sipura, Addpac, Planet, Wellgate.

HTH,
Vahan