[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk and 7960s

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Wed Apr 19 08:03:21 MST 2006

> Thanks for letting me know regarding the "@ip-address" problem. I take
> it you have experienced something similar with this firmware?
The @ip-address is actually a documented cisco "fix" to another problem.
I'd have to look it up, cause I don't remember exactly what it was, but
it's been on the list somewhere, and I think EVERYONE that's used 8.2 has
the same problem with the firmware.  I would suggest using 7.4 or 7.5.

> The external directory is part of the cisco phones, nothing to do with
> * really. The internal extensions I have set up all work fine with the
> name using the callerid="Joe Blow" <1234> method you suggest. The plan
> was to add customers phone numbers to the directory.xml file so it
> comes up with their names when they call. At the moment it still jeust
> says their phone number whether they are in directory.xml or not.
The directory on the Cisco's doesn't link up at all with the phone, other
than allowing you to dial the numbers, or save numbers from your missed
call list.  There's a lot of stuff Cisco crippled in the SIP version of
the firmware that's kinda like "uh, what were you thinking?"

--
Aaron Daniel
Computer Systems Technician
amdtech at shsu.edu