[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk and 7960s

Brent Torrenga lists at torrenga.com
Wed Apr 19 06:40:25 MST 2006

>Hi,
>
>I have got my setup almost how I would like it now, but I have just
>two last remaining issues that I cant seem to find answers too so i'd
>be grateful if someone could help?
>
>1) Since upgrading my Cisco 7960 SIP phone to P0S3-08-2-00 the phone
>now displays the IP address of my asterisk server alongside the caller
>ID of the incoming call. For example "0123456789 at 192.168.0.1", rather
>than "0123456789" as before. Is there any way to stop this? All
>incoming calls come via the asterisk server so I would prefer it to
>not display it.

AFAIK, there is no solution to this. I'd be interested in a fix if you hear
of any.

>2) I have set up an external directory on the phone which is linked to
>an XML file on a web server. Is it possible to get the 7960 to display
>the name given in the external directory for an incoming call? At the
>moment it just displays the callerid at ipaddress as detailed above.

Sounds like an issue with your * configuration. Each extension could be
configured in it's respective .conf with a callerid line (i.e., in sip.conf
do callerid="Joe Blow" <1234>). Or you could do some database stuff to link
the XML directory with your dialplan - have * do a lookup each time a call
is placed... But I don't think you'd want that unless you have a large
dynamic environment... There is something out there that makes XML
interfaces for the Cisco phones from a web interface, and the backend is
MySQL, which could be used by * to get CID info I imagine.

>Thanks for any help you are able to give
>
>Dave

Sincerely,

Brent A. Torrenga
brent.torrenga at torrenga.com