[Asterisk-Users] Outgoing voice distortion with Unicall

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Tue Apr 18 19:13:46 MST 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:15:33 -0500, Moises Silva wrote
> Hi Carlos. Please provide the version of unicall. Also, are you using
> MFCR2 or PRI? and finally, provide us with the codecs that you have
> tried. PSTN in Mexico should be ALAW, so try to avoid transcoding and
> use ALAW in the phones too, we had bad issues with ILBC when the
> calls were coming from Avantel until we started using ALAW.

     We are using SpanDSP 0.0.2pre25 and unicall-0.0.3pre9 (libsupertone,
libunicall and libmfcr2).  I have tried several versions of each library but
those are the same ones I have on other servers that work perfectly.  All
Linksys PAP2 units use ALAW as their primary codec.  The server is an HP ML
series with 2 processors.  Spans are as follows:

# Span 1: TE2/0/1 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1"
span=1,1,0,cas,hdb3
cas=1-15:1101
dchan=16
cas=17-31:1101

# Span 2: TE2/0/1 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2"
span=2,2,0,cas,hdb3
cas=32-46:1101
dchan=47
cas=48-62:1101

     I have tried both E1 ports and I get the same distortion.  Here is my
unicall.conf:

protocolvariant=mx,10,4
protocolend=cpe
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
musiconhold=default
context=from-trunk
channel => 32-46
;skip time slot 47
channel => 48-52

     There are only 20 channels available at the moment.  To eliminate the
phone company as the source of the problem I connected both ports using a T1
crossover cable.  Here the problem got worse as now both sides of the
conversation are distorted.  When on a normal call to an outside phone only
the sound from the internal phone is distorted.

--
Carlos Chavez
Director de Tecnología