[Asterisk-Users] T1 to cross connect remote PBX and asterisk

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 14:02:13 MST 2006

On 4/18/06, Damon Estep <damon at suburbanbroadband.net> wrote:
> Yep,
>
> I agree,
>
> Just watch out for regulatory issues if you are in the USA, handing a
> CUSTOMER a TDM interface vs. a SIP/VoIP interface falls under a much
> different regulatory and jurisdictional set of rules...

regulatory issues only apply if I'm a provider, this is all for
implementing a private circuit.

> Have you talked to anyone that has confirmed an implementation like
> described works without issues?

not as a PRI, but I have done this with 2 Adit 600s like this:
Site A Definity 3G System <> Analog station cards <> Adit 600 FXO Card
and router card <> Private full T1 circuit to longdistance haul <>
Site B <> Adit 600 FXS Card and router card.
With the above config we got analog extensions of our Avaya system,
and a local network routed over the left over channells (IIRC we did
12 data and 12 voice, all provisioned from the Adit 600s).