[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk redundancy

Benjamin Lawetz blawetz at teliphone.ca
Tue Apr 18 12:01:06 MST 2006

>I will tell you straight up that NFS mounted volumes will cause asterisk to
croak if it needs access to something that's not mounted.  The first time
the >NFS share disappears for a moment, you're going to be restarting
services and losing time on the asterisk machines that need the mounts.  It
would be
>better to drop the files on all the systems so you don't have to worry
about that.

Agreed, just having the servers mount the NFS for MWI makes asterisk fall to
its knees.
Was thinking of using distributed file system. Anyone ever give CODA a try
(or any of the other distributed file systems) ?

But definetly parts of the internal asterisk DB needs to be shared between
the servers.

Ben