[Asterisk-Users] bad voice quality

Dumpolid Exeplish dumpexec at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 07:50:04 MST 2006

Hi all,
 i have been having problems with voice quality. We run asterisk Asterisk
CVS-HEAD  version 2.4 as a production servre as a call centre/customer
support engine. Pressenty, we have about 25 soft phones and 10 hard phones
(Perfect Tone SIP phones). when handling internal calls, i usually notice a
lot of static, echo and brakes (this is withing our local network)
Our * runs on a supermicro P4SCi (3GHz) with 2GB memory running Debian
Linux kernel version 2.6.12.3. Currently, we run gsm codec but we recently
installed G729 codec (free version ).

Please advice me on what to do and if more info is needed, i will be happy
to provide more

Thanks