[Asterisk-Users] multiple asterisk process ?

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Tue Apr 18 01:00:18 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 08:29 +0100, Tim Panton wrote:

> I'd guess you have a startup script for asterisk that is setting the
> LD_ASSUME_KERNEL environment variable.
>
> To check, find the 'main' asterisk process id (almost always the
> lowest numbered asterisk process)
> then look (as root) in the /proc entry, eg:
>
> cat /proc/13098/environ | strings | grep LD_ASSUME_KERNEL

Now we're getting somewhere.

In some old contribs/init.d  asterisk scripts there is the following:-

# Leave this set unless you know what you are doing.
#export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

While others have nothing or this

# Uncomment this ONLY if you know what you are doing.
# export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>