[Asterisk-Users] multiple asterisk process ?

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Tue Apr 18 00:29:41 MST 2006

On 18 Apr 2006, at 03:20, stevanus wrote:

> Hmm...my output for getconf GNU_LIBPTHREAD_VERSION is NPTL 2.3.4..
> I don't know what it's mean anyway :P
>
> And for Lee, I'm configuring my asterisk through amp (now freepbx),
> but I do some custom configuration manually too ;)
>
> I guess Paul is right, I suspect there are bugs in asterisk that
> haven't been solved like "avoiding deadlock on iax" problem which I
> had mentioned before..
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know how to recreate the problem so all I
> can do if the problem is happened just do some killall - 9
> asterisk :(...
>
> Regads,
>
> Stevanus

I'd guess you have a startup script for asterisk that is setting the
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL environment variable.

To check, find the 'main' asterisk process id (almost always the
lowest numbered asterisk process)
then look (as root) in the /proc entry, eg:

cat /proc/13098/environ | strings | grep LD_ASSUME_KERNEL

Tim Panton
tim at mexuar.com