[Asterisk-Users] voicemail use external smtp server for sendingmail

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 18:21:30 MST 2006

Asterisk actualy uses the sendmail as you would in the shell. It is up
to sendmail to decided how to process the message, and yes you are
right asterisk is *not* the one making the SMTP connection.
You can't get asterisk to do it directly since asterisk is not
initiating any connections, but submitting it to a program that is, by
default that program is sendmail.