[Asterisk-Users] voicemail use external smtp server for sendingmail

Steve Jones sjones at ftdata.com
Mon Apr 17 08:44:52 MST 2006

I had the same question, and I want to make sure I'm clear.....  This
implies to me that Asterisk itself doesn't use SMTP, but rather dumps a
message into some directory that Sendmail on the same box will see and
process?  I have no problem getting Sendmail to use a smarthost, but am
I understanding the Asterisk part of this properly, or is there a way to
get Asterisk to DIRECTLY use a smarthost, so that Sendmail doesn't have
to be running on the local Asterisk box?

Thanks!
-Steve