[Asterisk-Users] How do I limit the lenght of a call

f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net
Sun Apr 16 12:04:37 MST 2006

Hi John,

If you enter "show application dial" when logged into the Asterisk console,
you can read that help (extract only regarding dial option) :

    L(x[:y][:z]) - Limit the call to 'x' ms. Play a warning when 'y' ms are
           left. Repeat the warning every 'z' ms. The following special
           variables can be used with this option:
           * LIMIT_PLAYAUDIO_CALLER   yes|no (default yes)
                                      Play sounds to the caller.
           * LIMIT_PLAYAUDIO_CALLEE   yes|no
                                      Play sounds to the callee.
           * LIMIT_TIMEOUT_FILE       File to play when time is up.
           * LIMIT_CONNECT_FILE       File to play when call begins.
           * LIMIT_WARNING_FILE       File to play as warning if 'y' is
defined.
                                      The default is to say the time
remaining.

Always think to display help through the "show application ...", it could be
pertinent.

Good luck !

Francois BERGERET,
France.