[Fwd: Re: [Asterisk-Users] voicemail email-from]

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Sun Apr 16 07:30:43 MST 2006

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> Thanks for posting it back to the list!!!!
No problem, not sure why you would think I would like to correspond with
you directly.  I am into the community thing.  Why send me a direct
email with some crappy process to become a verified sender just to be
able to send you another email in order to help you?  I don't jump
through hoops to help people that cannot or will not help themselves.

>>> Short, you do not know it, ....
>>>

>> Short= I like to help.  Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
>> Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
>> Taking my own advice (which took all of a minute and a half.)  Hope
>> you enjoy the fish I gave you, but don't come looking for more of the
>> same fish from me.
>>
>> [root at localhost ~]# updatedb
>> [root at localhost ~]# slocate vm_general.inc
>> /etc/asterisk/vm_general.inc
>> [root at localhost ~]#
>>
> GREAT tutorial, but I do not have this file, ...
> I found that I just need to change the /etc/passwd file to get it solved.
> I still would like to know what else would be in vm_general.inc
> I also would like to know, how you came to the idea that in
> vm_general.inc could be a solution.
I didn't someone else suggested it.  vm_general.inc is an include for
voicemail.conf in AMP so your settings should be in voicemail.conf I
believe.  Go ahead and use your hack if you don't want to follow the
"correct way" in asterisk.

Have you tried my other suggestion?  Google
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+voicemail.conf
maybe try reloading asterisk before testing?!?

      fromstring

This setting allows the adminstrator to override a portion of the From:
line in the voicemail notification message. By default, Asterisk sends
the string "From: Asterisk PBX <who>. The "Asterisk PBX" portion of the
From: line can be overridden by specifying your own string as the value
for this setting. One might use this to customize the voicemail
notification message and/or remove the reference to "Asterisk PBX".

> (((( I cannot resist, maybe you could take a volunteer job in the
> church or in the next fishing club ... ))))
I am content with my current volunteering  jobs, helping (sometimes
ungrateful) people with asterisk problems, doing GPS work, and helping
spread the world about the moringa tree.

> bye
>
> Ronald Wiplinger

Bye Bye