[Asterisk-Users] Digium cards, so disappointing !

Craig Guy cguy at bigpond.net.au
Sat Apr 15 19:29:09 MST 2006

I have so far found 2 ATA's that seem to be able to handle FAX reasonably
well.  The first one is the Grandstream ATA-286 (firmware up to 1.0.6.7,
have not tried any firmware later than this), I have used these at multiple
customer sites and no one has ever reported problems.  They handle G3 faxing
ok.  Where I work we also use an analog modem connected to one and we get
reliable 42k connects.  On the asterisk side of things we use PRI (TE110p,
TE410p, TE210p).  The grtandstreams are plug and go, just disable the t.38
support.

The other ATA that I have found to be able to perform faxing is the Linksys
PAP2NA, however the configuration is more complex and it doesn't seem to
handle G3 or analog modems.  I'd recommend the Grandstream as your best
chance of successful faxing in an asterisk setting where asterisk has an
ISDN connection to the PSTN.

Craig