[Asterisk-Users] Digium cards, so disappointing !

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Sat Apr 15 10:03:52 MST 2006

>> Hmm not so sure of that. I have an HP all-in-one thingy. It is not possible
>> to set the TX/RX speed hard in the config at a certain speed. Through the
>> developers menu in the beast it is possible to do this temporary.
>>
>> Faxing at max 9600 bps works, anything higher fails miserably after the
>> second or third page.....
>
> This doesn't make sense. The known problems are all timing related, and 9600
> (I presume you mean V.29 at 9600) is no more or less sensitive to timing
> slips than V.17. Actually, on a poor line V.17 at 9600bps should perform
> considerably better than V.29 at 9600bps. Can you tell me your exact setup?
> There must be something else wrong.

I tried lots of different settings but none really seemed to help.

The line is ISDN BRI with an HFC-S card. Software is bristuff with florz
patch. Echo can, silence suppr. etc all disabled.

The HP is connected to a Sipura SPA 2000 with the correct settings for fax
and the region i'm in. Still consistently faxes fail after the first or
second page. The HP is a LaserJet 3330 mfp.

Setting it back 9600 did help a bit.

I solved the problem now by connecting an old Digital -> Analog converter
to the BRI line, bypassing Asterisk.

Thanks!