[Asterisk-Users] attended transfer issue

Thomas Artner artner at gmx.com
Fri Apr 14 11:19:42 MST 2006

Hi!

A few months ago I needed some help for the following issue:

.) a call comes in
.) Person A takes the call and does an attended transfer to Person B
.) Person A hangs up the phone without waiting for Person B taking the call
.) the caller get lost at this point !!

At this point the attended transfer should go into a blind transfer. The
phone of Person B should still be ringing and the caller shouldnt get lost.

I think this is the most usual behaviour of a call transfer also on the
cheapest systems on the market.

Why doesnt this work well with asterisk? Will there be a solution for
that in the near future?

I am thankful for any kind of help!

thx,
Tom